Participate in research activities to obtain information required for rate changes, product development, and management decisions
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the development rate indications for major lines of business.
• Assist in generating competitive information using batch rating program.
• Prepare summaries of competitors’ rate filings with a focus on items affecting VAFB’s competitive position.
• Assist in the updating of pricing models for all property and casualty products. For lines where recasting is available, assist in the review of the modeling results.
• Assist in the treatment of data needed for Predictive Modeling work.
• Provide supporting information for rate filings.
• Assist in other research activities.
• Assure that rate manual pages, premium determination rules and computer support are in compliance with the rating rules and procedures on file with the Bureau of Insurance for each line of business.
• Serves as back up person for the preparing and submitting data calls for the company.
• All other duties as assigned by the manager and/
Education and Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the property/casualty actuarial field.
• Extensive PC skills including databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Windows word processing packages
• Proven analytical ability
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in accessing mainframe database
• Ability to format analytical report requests and exchange information between mainframe systems and personal computers.
• Familiar with policy form provisions.
• Knowledge of one or more programming language is a plus
• Familiar with both auto and homeowners insurance is desirable.
• 2+ exams in Casualty Actuarial Society or equivalent experience
|Farm Bureau Insurance|
State or Province