Responsible for managing actuarial relationship, profitability analysis and providing business insight to assigned business unit(s) customers. Candidate will provide advice & solutions regarding growth strategies, portfolio mix, target pricing & UW actions. Position requires a deep knowledge of property & casualty industry, products and customers. Knowledge of professional liability, accident and surety a plus. An ability to consult with non-actuaries to understand needs and resolve business needs is a must. Will help drive execution of profitability action plans and liase with other actuarial areas on priority projects.
- Bachelors degree in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field with a mathematical, statistical or numerate background.
- 8 or more years of Actuary experience; Consulting experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Commercial Markets insurance background with broad P&C lines of business in including Specialty Lines.
- Pricing experience preferred.
- Successful completion of ACAS designation, FCAS preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and skills reflective of an expert practitioner who has progressed within actuarial positions of increasing responsibility typically seen in 8 or more years of related experience.
- Experience in multiple functional areas (pricing, reserving, capital management, etc.) and in multiple business units is strongly preferred.
State or Province