This position is responsible for pricing support of CNA National, a wholly owned affiliate of CNA, who operates as an Administrator of Vehicle Service Contracts and has annual premium/revenue of almost $300 million.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide actuarial support for the pricing of all CNA National products.
Review product rating structure and variables and make recommendations to management on ways to increase profit and production.
Ensure proper pricing and earnings recognition of revenue and profit at the contract and account level. Develop target ROE’s for products and individual accounts.
Assist in the evaluation of dealership profit-share agreements.
Assist in the evaluation and development of new business opportunities.
Develop and/or enhance monitoring tools and metrics that provide the business with timely insights into the overall performance of the business.
Examine internal and external trends that might impact future profitability of the business.
Direct the work activities and have full management responsibility for the performance and development of subordinate staff overseeing dealership management in accordance with strategic direction.
Relocation to CNA National in Scottsdale, AZ.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Senior level knowledge of actuarial principles, practices and procedures and industry issues as they relate to the organization.
2. Ability to effectively lead, coach and develop an actuarial group.
3. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to effectively plan and manage multiple projects and project work teams.
5. Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
6. Ability to exercise professional judgement and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people and quality of service.
7. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications.
8. Ability to think creatively and quickly grasp new ideas, both from an actuarial and business acumen perspective.
9. A desire to be part of a growing organization and become a key contributor toward its success.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree, Masters preferred, in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of ten years of related work experience, including prior management experience.
3. Career Associate or Fellowship accreditation required.
4. Ideal candidate will have at least two years experience in the auto warranty business.
Primary LocationUnited States-Arizona-Scottsdale
Organization ACTUARY SPL (Specialty Line)
State or Province