|Xen Biofluidx, Inc, a rapidly growing California developer of point of care and high throughput assays is looking for a Research Scientist to aid in development of innovative assays for therapeutic proteins, disease markers and commercial diagnostic applications. The successful candidate will have at least two years of hands-on experience with various immuno-based diagnostic techniques, such as ELISA, lateral flow rapid test, homogeneous assays and other biosensor-based analytical & diagnostic instrumentation.
As a member of the assay development group, the Research Scientist will:
- Develop high performance systems for bioresearch, bioprocess development, and near-patient diagnostic applications including antibody screening, production and purification, antibody-antigen, ligand-receptor, protein-protein and/or protein-DNA interactions monitoring;
- Develop and perform assays for product development, process validation and quality control analysis;
- Plan, design and perform scientific experiments to benchmark system performance;
- Work closely with other Scientists and Engineers to provide scientific inputs related to company products;
- Interact with end users to identify needs and organize for specific customer applications;
- PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry or related fields with at least two years of hands-on experience in the development of immuno-based diagnostic assays preferably in a commercial environment.
- Prior work with analytical & diagnostic instrumentation, biosensors, lateral flow and/or colorimetric assay development.
- Protein expression and monoclonal antibody development experience is required.
- Strong quantitative intuition, plus excellent experimental design and data analysis skills.
- Be a 'hands-on' person who welcomes challenges, works independently or as part of a team, and has the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Prior experience in development and validation of ligand binding assays is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to understand and communicate technical scientific information to a wide range of customers.
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility, creativity and an internal-motivation to succeed.
Our dynamic workplace is attractive to those who are self-motivated and able to organize work, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines. Flexibility to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines is essential.
|Xen Biofluidx Inc|
State or Province