The position is responsible for production operations, as well as the engineering and maintenance of buildings and equipment.
Aptalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/M/F/D/V.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage operations, which include manufacturing, commercial and clinical packing, engineering and maintenance of buildings and equipment.
• Ensure, in collaboration with the Material Management Group, that production is in line with client expectations, quality standards and compliance, while enabling the organization to meet its sales and inventory targets.
• Ensure adequate management of engineering and maintenance of buildings and
production equipment, identifies cost reduction or improvement opportunities on the overall effectiveness of operations and the level of compliance.
• Oversee operation improvement projects, Lean manufacturing initiatives, office expansion plans, and special projects in technological transfers or upgrades. You will actively take part in the economic justification of these various projects.
• Get involved in strategic or high-impact decisions related to building and infrastructure engineering and maintenance, equipment acquisition, as well as related service contract negotiations.
• Participate in the development and implementation of methods, procedures and regulations ensuring your team functions effectively, while respecting policies, procedures, rules and regulations prevalent in both the industry and the organization.
• Ensure full and consistent compliance with quality standards, quality procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) regulations.
Produces value-added results through effective recruitment, delegation, performance management, training and development of employees in the following positions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in production and engineering, including a minimum of three (3) years in a management role, within the pharmaceutical industry or in a similar regulated environment.
• A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (M.B.A.) or Master’s Degree in Science (M.Sc.) in a relevant field (operations management, industrial engineering, project management, etc.) is considered an asset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Good knowledge of Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
• Project management experience in large scale projects.
• Good knowledge of an ERP system, ideally SAP.
• Leadership skills.
• Ability to perform under pressure, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Managerial experience in a multidisciplinary context.
• Skills for written and spoken communications.
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office software suite.
• Perfectly bilingual, French and English, both spoken and written.
1. Physical Demands:
The employee is required to:
• drive vehicles, including but not limited to trucks under 26,000 GVW
• stand, walk, push, pull, twist, reach overhead, and bend to the floor
• exerts 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and/or
• exerts up to 100 pounds of force daily,
• moderate amounts of hammering when making and opening crates and boxes,
• occasionally uses ladders to climb into trucks for loading and unloading; also climbs stairs,
• temperature varies with outside weather conditions as incumbent is exposed to cold and heat when loading and unloading truck.
• able to lift up to 80 pounds.
2. Visual Ability:
Visual accommodation necessary for reading lists, documents, and driving vehicles.
3. License Required:
Valid Driver’s License
4. Hearing Ability:
Must be able to hear alarms, detect machine sounds and malfunctioning equipment to identify and diagnose changes so appropriate action can be taken.
5. Working Conditions:
The employee is subject to:
• high noise levels from operating machines
• breathing exposure to dust, mists, and fumes
• skin exposure to oils and chemicals
COMPANY POSITION STATEMENT:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or work conditions associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Aptalis reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, change in workload or technology developments).
State or Province