Reports to: VP of R&D
Classification: FT / Exempt
Location: Boulder, CO
Last Updated: July 2012
Grade Level: TBD Job Code: TBD
MiRagen Therapeutics, Inc., a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, was founded in 2007 to develop innovative microRNA (miRNA)-based therapeutics for cardiovascular and muscle disease. MicroRNAs are short, single-stranded RNA molecules encoded in the genome that regulate gene expression and play a vital role in influencing cardiovascular and muscle disease.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death globally and represents an enormous burden on global healthcare systems. MiRagen combines world recognized leadership in cardiovascular medicine with unprecedented in-house expertise in microRNA biology and chemistry. In October 2011, miRagen and Les Laboratoires Servier, a leading European pharmaceutical company, entered into a strategic alliance for the research and development of microRNA-based therapeutics in cardiovascular disease. The alliance further validates our innovative technology platforms and provides future opportunities for growth.
MiRagen currently seeks a successful Bioinformatician to design, test and implement programs that enable the high-throughput analysis and manipulation of large data sets. Working effectively with a cross-functional team of scientists, the ideal candidate will develop study-specific analyses needed to advance key research and development efforts at various stages. Responsibilities include:
• Identification and implementation of optimal hardware and software needed to efficiently support an array of complex analyses
• Statistical analysis and development of novel quantitative metrics and profiling methods
• Ongoing analysis systems development and version updates/validation
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to advance key programs
• Develop and communicate budget recommendations
• Present project plans, updates and results to team members and stakeholders
• Train users on systems operations that interface with laboratory automation
Suitable candidates will possess a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with 5+ years experience in translational bioinformatics. Consideration may be given to candidates with an advanced degree in Bioinformatics and 5+ years experience in the Life Sciences. Preferred candidates will have experience developing miRNA and non-coding RNA directed novel data analysis methods.
- Experience conducting surrogate biomarker analyses;
- Proven ability to sort, filter and manipulate profiling data to generate consequential signature characteristics;
- Experience in generating robust analysis programs to identify and categorize potential blood borne biomarkers and companion diagnostics;
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical analysis software;
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to effectively organize and present complex data;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Strong time management skills including the ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy.
State or Province