|Saving lives starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers supply, technology and care management solutions to over 26,000 retail and 5,000 health system pharmacies nationwide. Our company includes three segments: Our domestic network of distribution centers ensures that our customers - and their patients - receive the right medicines and medical supplies at the right time. Our IT segment provides service and support for more than 2,400 systems in independent, chain, hospital, clinic and nursing-home pharmacies across the country. We work hard so that pharmacists can spend their time on patients - not paperwork. Our Center for Financial Services plays a critical role in ensuring that hospitals, pharmacies and retail chains receive pharmaceutical products quickly - usually within 24 hours. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
- Analyze distribution and quality processes to identify process improvement opportunities
- Analyze facility layouts, product storage, and material handling equipment to identify opportunities for productivity and quality improvements
- Build solid business cases for all process and layout recommendations
- Consult with Distribution Center (DC) management in optimal layout changes of Engineered Standards templates to the specifications of the individual DC to ensure integrity of the Program and guide management in making changes.
- Train DC management in utilization of the Engineered Standards processes and reports to ensure maintenance of viability of the Program.
- Monitor the accuracy and DC compliance in utilization and administration of the Engineered Standards.
- Identify and implement improvements in methods, procedures, equipment, or workflow which increases productivity or quality within the Engineered Standards environment.
- Perform necessary changes to the Engineered Standards as a result of other system enhancements including dissemination and training to user groups.
- Perform follow-up studies to periodically test the viability of the basis for Engineered Standards at each location.
Responsible for all aspects of the development/implementation of projects and programs involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a product or program from the design process through a finished state for internal/external customers. Provides a single point of contact for projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project which may include customers, client services and various departments (e.g. marketing, computer services etc.). Defines project scope and objectives. Oversees/coordinates all aspects of project and serves as project manager between clients, line management and internal and external resources. Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on all matters. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. May provide project management guidance to project team. Recommends/takes action to direct the analysis of and solution to problems.
2+ years experience in project management.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 4-year degree or its equivalent, preferably with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering
- 0-2 yrs operational experience including project management experience preferred.
- Advanced level Excel and data analysis skills preferred
- Experience in the implementation of Engineered Standards is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and applications, government regulations applicable to pharmaceutical industry (OSHA, DOT, FDA, DEA, etc), systems/computer logistical applications in distribution environment.
- Knowledge of drug inventory management, basic HR practices, and computer room operations.
- Superior organizational, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmaceutical, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
State or Province