|Job Description :
Job Title: CNC Programmer
Reports To: CNC Supervisor
Job Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Work Schedule: Fulltime
Exemption Status: Non- Exempt
The employee creates and optimizes CNC programs to create complex parts on CNC multi-axis machines (i.e. CNC Mill, CNC Lathe, CNC Swiss, CNC Wire EDM). Develops workholding and selection of cutting tools, creates and compiles necessary documents to aid setting up machines. While making medical devices from supplied engineering drawings, blueprints, or solid models. The CNC Programmer is responsible for the CNC machines programming and operation. The employee will aid other set-up people and operators with technical assistance with the programs that he/she writes.
Essential Job Functions:
The employee will:
· Set-up and operate multi axis CNC machines.
· Be able to single block through a CNC program and prove the program to be safe.
· Be able to detect and avoid unexpected and unwanted machine movements during the prove-out phase and avoid crashing of the machine components that may cause damage to the machine.
· Be able to complete a full inspection of part features being programmed.
Will use all inspection tools necessary or will consult qualified employees for the use of those tools he/she is not familiar with the use of.
· Be able to read, follow, and create production set-up and tooling sheets.
· Create parts from engineering drawings and blue-prints.
Use manufacturing process skills to create parts to print.
· Communicate directly with engineers in solving machining problems.
· Keep accurate records pertaining to daily work and output.
· Perform de-burring, part finishing, and part cleaning as required.
· Perform housekeeping and preventive maintenance as directed.
Responsible for cleanliness of the assigned machine and immediate area while he/she is working on that machine.
Responsible for fluid level maintenance of the assigned machine while he/she is working on that machine.
· Follow all company policies with special regard to safety, quality control, regulatory, and materials handling.
· Fill out all company, departmental, and Quality paperwork as required.
· Check company e-mail everyday as required to stay current with department and company functions.
· Order or request tools as required.
Aid the Supervisor in maintaining tool inventory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Able to use a personal computer (e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets)
· Knowledge and experience with manufacturing quality systems in general.
· Knowledge and experience with manufacturing environments.
· Knowledge and experience with OSHA
· Knowledge of trigonometry and advanced algebra
· Expert knowledge of CNC mill tooling and set-up
· Expert knowledge of FANUC CNC controllers
Work Experience Qualifications:
· Fluent English verbal and written Fluent English verbal and written
· Work within Good Manufacturing Practice regulations
· 7+ years experience in CNC machine operation/set-up – multi-axis preferred
· Experience in manual tool-making/machining trade
· Good communication and decision making skills
· Blueprint reading
· Manufacturing processing skills
Education and/or Certifications:
· Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience required, preferably in a related field
State or Province