Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the plant.
• Works closely with the plant controller to ensure accurate, timely financial statements. This Includes monthly standard cost edits, correcting journal entries, and other miscellaneous journal entries as determined by the controller.
• Maintain standard cost system to ensure inventory accuracy. Maintain accurate bills of material and labor routings. Insure that labor is reported accurately in conformance with established routings. Conduct periodic bill of material and routing audits. Monitor changes in inventory monthly to detect inventory problems.
• Analyze monthly financial statements and cost reports. Investigate significant variances against standard, plan and forecast. Summarize key findings and report to Plant Controller and to Plant Manager.
• Assist Plant Controller to develop monthly forecasts. Provide analytical support to allow the Plant Manager to understand financial impact of various options.
• Review A/R Aging and assist in handling various customer issues.
• Assist Plant Controller in developing annual profit plan, capital plan, and long range plan for the plant.
• Tracks capital prototype and tooling jobs and capitalizes projects when complete.
• Prepare G/L account reconciliations.
• Prepare product line P & L statements.
• Track material recovery by customer and part number.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Highly developed attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Excellent MS Office skills.
• Working Knowledge of JDE system preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting.
State or Province