Headquartered in Salisbury, Maryland, Jubilant Cadista Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a noted, Top 10 fastest growing generic pharmaceutical company in the United States. Vertically integrated with the parent company (Jubilant Life Sciences) in India, Cadista applies its local market expertise and technical capabilities to all forms of solid dose products to enhance patient outcomes. Cadista employs approximately 250 employees and generates approximately 100MM in annual revenue. The site is uniquely located on the Eastern Shore within 30 minutes east of beautiful Ocean City, Maryland and the same to the Chesapeake Bay to the west. For more information, visit www.cadista.com.
General Summary of the Position
Responsible for the analysis of pharmaceutical dosage forms and raw materials utilizing HPLC, GC, dissolution testing, spectroscopic and wet chemistry techniques.
1. Evaluates the chemical and physical properties of various organic and inorganic substances such as active and in-active raw materials in order to verify the compliance with the established specifications
2. Relies on verbal and written instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the job functions
3. Responsible for biological and / or chemical evaluation of final product, intermediate products, raw materials, and production facilities
4. Perform assays, assisting in the validation of assays, and writing test methods, specifications and standard operating procedures
5. Work under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment other than the obvious comparisons
6. Performs a variety of tasks.
Physical Work Activities and Exposure
1. Work is regularly performed inside in an office and laboratory environment.
2. Exposure to dust, odor, noise, fumes.
3. The noise level is usually moderate.
4. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
5. Frequent sitting, talking, or hearing.
6. Use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects or controls.
7. Reach with hands and arms.
8. Walk short distances.
1. Bachelorís degree in chemistry or related scientific field
2. 3 to 8 years of experience in the analytical laboratory field or in related area
3. Masterís degree in chemistry with 2 - 5 years experience in the analytical laboratory may be acceptable
4. Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, instrumentation and procedures within the analytical chemistry field is necessary
5. Familiar with a variety of the analytical chemistry concepts, practices, and procedures
6. Ability to lead and direct others to accomplish smaller projects
7. A A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Cadista Pharmaceuticals Inc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap or veteran status and any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local law. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
State or Province