The FLSmidth Inc. Project Engineering in Bethlehem, PA, is seeking a Chief Engineer. The position reports to the Manager, Plant Engineering.
Responsible for management of personnel and resources required to execute contract requiring Plant Layout, Platework and/or structural design. Additonal responsibilities include the maintenance of design instructions and workload forecasting. Must be able to execute or provide technical guidance regarding the application and design of industrial plants.
1. Organization, training, and assignment of work to direct reports.
2. Quality, budget, and specification compliance.
3. Establishment of goals for product improvement and standardization.
4. Development and maintenance of professional relationships with the Engineering Departments & Centers.
5. Execution of organizational management.
6. Resolution of customer and field service solutions.
7. Low-moderate amount of domestic and international travel for design coordination, site evaluation, proposal support and training.
8+ years experience
Minimum BS Degree (mechanical or civil preferred)
Master Degree or equivalent experience
PE license preferred
Low to moderate travel required (10-25% of time). Domestic and international.
Good engineering judgment and communication skills required
Practical field/operations experience required
2D/3D design familiarity a plus
State or Province