Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Commercial Underwriter, Senior
First American Title’s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American Title Insurance Company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Underwrite title insurance policy coverage’s for commercial real estate transactions.
• Assist national commercial escrow officer in closing transactions.
• Negotiate policy coverage and endorsement coverage in connection with the issuance of owner’s and loan title insurance policies
• Serve as a resource for sales people and their clients when they have title insurance and/or real estate questions.
• Mentor junior underwriters.
• Minimum 6 years experience underwriting and closing single and multi-site commercial transactions for properties located nationwide.
• Solid understanding of endorsement and policy coverage’s along with experience of negotiating these coverage’s with principals and their attorneys.
• Have a working knowledge of State by State title insurance guidelines and real estate practices to include endorsement availability, policy availability, transfer tax, mortgage tax and forms of conveyance.
• Possess the ability to work on several transactions at one time in a fast-paced environment.
• Have outstanding customer service skills as well as a willingness and ability to work with a team of people in a professional and collegial manner.
• Law Degree preferred.
% of Travel Required <10%
First American Financial Corporation
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2021 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2021 Brolin Corporation