Zurich Insurance is currently looking for an Underwriter for our Surety Division in our Parsippany, NJ office. We are looking for a Contract Surety product expert with excellent market facing and technical skills.
Our Contract Surety Underwriter is responsible for:
• Marketing Zurich's products and services.
• Developing, underwriting, and managing a portfolio of Surety business.
• Managing the selection/denial of new and/or renewal business.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with brokers and customers.
• Developing, administering and monitoring complex underwriting rules and guidelines.
• Investigating, recommending and leading product development efforts.
• Leading and participating on project and key initiative teams.
• Assures development and implementation of policy, procedures and standards to produce profitable underwriting results.
• Significantly contributing to process improvement and technology innovation.
• Working in close collaboration with other teams within Zurich, including risk management, operations and finance.
• Addressing governance and regulatory compliance issues
• Will provide technical guidance, assistance, and training to lower level associates.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
• 4 or more years of Contract Surety Underwriting experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
• Ability to effectively assess risk.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
• PC literate.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
• Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
• Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
• Must be able to function effectively in a team environment.
State or Province