This position is responsible for developing new products, as well as maintaining and improving existing products, as a team member of the Innovation Center Product Engineering Group. Product lines are clutches, brakes, actuators and controls. This position is key to providing growth opportunities as well as maintaining Altra Industrial Motion's leadership in the motion control and power transmission industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responisble for clutch/brake and actuator product engineering through the generation of quality engineering designs and details.
2. Use of and initimate knowledge of company approved engineering software, standards and procedures including 3D solid modeling knowledge and skills.
3. Develop prototypes of new designs and provide documented test procedures for design verification.
4. Develop and perform functional and performance testing in a test lab setting, providing comprehensive written reports, for product validation and competitive analyses. Use of Labview preferred.
5. Provide technical support to multi-site manufacturing engineering and production departments as required.
6. Assist in providing failure analysis reports in conjunction with the quality department as required.
7. Develop and maintain the bills of materials for each designated product line.
8. Develop and maintain product configuration systems for various designated products.
9. Assist in the preparation of engineering data (performance ratings and dimensions) that will be used in product literature and assist in marketing material preparation.
10. Assist in developing and implementing initiatives for improving the efficiency of the engineering and new product development processes.
11. Represent the company with periodic customer site visits.
Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge of clutch, clutch/brake and acutator applications is essential for success in this position.
Strong 3D design skills (Solidworks preferred)
The ability to meet task deadlines based on business requirements is essential.
Knowledge of lean manufacturing and assembly processes is preferred.
Creativity and the ability to design innovative products from a blank sheet.
The ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Must be self motivated and highly organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks and react quickly to the changing business environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelorís degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred. MS or MBA is a plus. A combination of equivalent work experience and education will also be considered.
Experience: Ideal candidates will posses minimum 2 years experience in the hands on motion control design engineering within a Lean Manufacturing and Lean Design environment. Must be able to work with 3D tools or willing to learn 3D methodology.
VP Human Resources
State or Province