|Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to create and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King®, and Trane®, work together to inspire progress for our customers. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand Industrial Technologies provides products, services and solutions that enhance our customers' energy efficiency, productivity and operations. Our diverse and innovative products range from complete compressed air systems, tools and pumps to material and fluid handling systems. We also enhance productivity through solutions created by Club Car(R), the global leader in golf and utility vehicles for businesses and individuals.
This Product Engineers objective is to work within a cross functional team and develop world class assembly and vehicle tool products. This engineer will be asked to lead and drive subsystem development within larger programs, from concept thru testing and into final production. He/she must be a team player and easily interact with others in and outside the company. This engineer must have the ability to multi-task, communicate clearly, and work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
1. Drive completion of assigned engineering subsystems for concept thru production that meet global standards and the intended market specifications.
2. Prepare layout models and detailed drawings using Pro Engineering and/or Unigraphics 3D solid modeling. Provide critical GD&T guidance to team designers.
3. Prepare typical engineering documentation to include bills of material, test specifications, lab reports, etc.
4. Drive completion of new product testing thru IR laboratory protocols. Drive the direction of lab technicians.
5. Develop documentation such as safety manuals, operating instructions, and testing procedures.
6. Predict and maintain development schedules in line with division objectives.
7. Report progress of assigned projects and maintain recoverable records.
8. Perform basic engineering stress and systems calculations necessary to insure adequacy of the design for its intended use.
9. Relentless effort to resolve all warranty and field problems expeditiously. Manage activities through IR Quality systems.
10. Provide support to manufacturing, marketing, customer service, procurement and quality assurance departments on current and potential future products and derivatives.
Percentage of Travel: 5-10%
Min. Yrs. Experience: 5 years
Education Standard:ABET Accredited
1. History of machine design skills.
2. CAD knowledge, Unigraphics a plus or Pro Engineer experience
3. Ability to direct the work of others. (designers and lab technicians)
4. Clear communication skills.
5. Knowledge of machining and machine shop practices.
6. Knowledge of net shape manufacturing methods.
7. Knowledge of materials and heat treats methods.
8. FEA analysis a plus, but not necessary.
9. Knowledge of Li-ion battery technology a plus.
10. Prior experience in handheld power tool design a plus.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
State or Province