|Our History of Expertise & Quality Focus
eBioscience, Inc. was founded in June 1999 in the San Diego Golden Triangle, an area rich with emerging technology companies and close to the University of California San Diego campus as well as Scripps Institute. A collaborative environment that encourages employee development, the company offers a dynamic work environment in which people can learn and grow with the business.
A rapidly growing, fast-paced biotech company, eBioscience provides innovative high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery in the areas of immunology, cell biology, stem cell biology and oncology. Product line applications include reagents for multicolor flow cytometry and immunofluorescence, functional assays, ELISA, and western blot. The organization is committed to developing and producing a large selection of innovative and commonly used reagents at high quality and great prices. Unique opportunities for talented and motivated individuals are available at increasingly rapid rates.
In 2009, eBioscience expanded our product offering to include the Diagnostics market and established regional headquarters in Europe with the acquisitions of a distribution company in Frankfurt, Germany and Bender MedSystems, GmbH (BMS), a manufacturing organization in Vienna, Austria.
An organization that values people, creativity and learning, eBioscience strives to achieve excellence while creating a challenging and fun work environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated Diagnostics Planner to plan all aspects of production including but not limited to material needs, standard products, and custom products. Ensure transactions are processed correctly to reflect the material and resource needs of production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
· Plan all aspects of production including but not limited to material needs, standard products and custom products.
Analyze factors that impact production of eBioscience intermediate and finished goods
· Work with manufacturing to identify opportunities that will increase factory capacity problems or inventory shortages.
· Works collaboratively with all levels of management to develop production plans.
· Working Knowledge of MRP systems
· Review inventory and compare to forecasted demand and obsolescence.
· Prioritize productions and purchases to optimize efficiencies.
· Maintain inventory levels to prevent backorders and avoid excess and obsolescence.
· Identify product line and production stage specific planning hurdles and difficulties.
· Establish and utilized alternative planning mechanisms to optimize planning efficiency in niche product lines and unique production stages.
· Review backorders daily to update ETA?s and ensure appropriate progress.
· Review and reprioritize work orders.
· Create and update Bill of Materials and Standard Operations to accurately reflect manufacturing.
· Ensure work orders and transactions are completed in a timely manner, specifically relating to month, quarter, and fiscal year end.
· Other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the company and department.
· Bachelor?s degree required with 2-3 years experience in either the Biotech industry or in a planning environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience with ERP software recommended (preferably Oracle); computer literate, working ability with Microsoft office suite
· Strong analytical skills; well organized; self motivated; strong communication skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The work environment is a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to handle or feel; see computer screens and read computer printouts; and reach with arms and hands.
Noise level in the environment is moderate.
We offer an exciting, entrepreneurial environment and a competitive compensation package, including salary, plus performance bonus and benefits (medical/dental and 401k). Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our company culture is creative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. We are a right sized environment where you can stand out and make a difference.
State or Province