|Job Description Die Cast Maintenance Supervisor
Function: Maintenance (please give short keyword, e.g. sales, R+D, support,….)
Description of function :
1. Responsible for performing and directing the performance of machine repair and maintenance.
2. Responsible for developing necessary records which reflect machine repair costs and operational efficiency.
3. Supervise die cast maintenance personnel on three shifts and coordinate activities with plant maintenance personnel to assure timely repair of die cast machinery, related equipment and building/grounds.
4. Develop and maintain a routine preventative maintenance program to hold machine down time to an absolute minimum.
5. Supervise the installation of new die cast machines and related equipment and insure that machines operate as intended and meet all safety requirements.
6. Coordinate work schedule with Focus Factory Manager/Director to obtain maximum machine utilization.
7. Train department maintenance personnel in proper maintenance techniques related to die cast machines and related equipment.
8. Plan and supervise all maintenance projects that may occur during plant shutdown periods.
9. There may be times when a temporary work assignment is necessary in order to maintain the production requirements of the department. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of Management..
(a) EQUIVALENT EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
Associates Degree in Engineering or equivalent specialized technical training.
(b) EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Four to six years of experience in the maintenance and repair of die cast equipment. Supervisory experience is desirable.
(c) KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Knowledge of the die cast machines and their operation and possess the ability to perform electrical and hydraulic maintenance as required. Capability to read and understand machine drawings and electrical circuitry is essential. In-depth knowledge of Company and OSHA requirements relative to the safe implementation of plant or equipment changes.
|Elster American Meter Co|
State or Province