Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Director, Agency Management
As a dynamic, fast-growing provider of workers' compensation insurance and services, we are seeking a goal-oriented individual willing to put their ideas to work!
We offer a positive, challenging work environment, combined with an opportunity to build your career as you help us grow our business, in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely EMPLOYERS®!
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, EMPLOYERS attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our employees across the United States. EMPLOYERS is known for the quality service and expertise we provide to our clients, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees.
We live and breathe our core values: Integrity, Customer Focus, Collaboration, Initiative, Accountability, Innovation, and Personal Fulfillment. These are the pillars that support how we do business with our clients as well as how we treat each other!
At EMPLOYERS, you’ll discover an energetic environment that inspires top achievement. As America’s small business insurance specialist, we have the resources, a solid reputation and an expanding nationwide identity to enrich your work/life and enhance your career.
Under the direction of the Corporate Marketing Vice President, this position leads and oversees Agency Management operations and is responsible for establishing, maintaining and validating the processes, systems, contracts and licensing that affect agent's ability to conduct business with EMPLOYERS.
1. Demonstrates leadership by creating an environment that fosters teamwork, core values, and diversity. Supports and respects all team and company staff members, internal customers and vendors. Selects, manages, develops, coaches and motivates staff members.
2. Leads the team that develops and executes agency contracts and places agents in a position to do business with EMPLOYERS as quickly and efficiently as possible. In addition, ensures agency data is accurate and consistent between systems.
3. Monitors staffing level, prioritizes work, and drives results for exceptional customer service. Appropriately utilizes Agency Management resources. Establishes clearly defined roles and responsibilities to maximize staff value. Supports achievement of operational and financial goals.
4. Develops strong, interactive relationships with regional staff and corporate executives to assure open communication. Interacts and coordinates as needed with Finance, Actuary, Sales, Marketing, IT, Legal, Human Resources, Internal Audit and Claims to accomplish business objectives through teamwork.
5. Develops and manages Agency Management processes, procedures, and metrics to continually improve unit production.
6. Collaborates with executive level management, sales leaders, and actuarial staff to develop agency incentive programs and processes for maintaining them.
7. Provides information to senior management on Agency Management performance as well as system and process issues.
8. Provides agency information and tools our executives and sales staff require in order to effectively manage agency relationships.
9. Reviews invoices and pays agency and producer license appointment and reappointment fees.
10. Travel may be required to other offices, agent, and industry events.
11. All other duties as assigned or as situations dictate.
• Working conditions are typical of a computer-based work environment, including sitting for extended periods of time.
• Occasional lifting of a maximum of 30 lbs.
• Frequent use of PC, including keyboarding and monitor viewing.
• Travel (some overnight) via car, plan or other means of transportation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must have a minimum of 10 years experience in the insurance industry, preferably in workers' compensation, with first-hand experience in the following areas: P&C insurance sales, finance, marketing, strategic planning, organizational development, process improvement, systems development, and insurance licensing laws.
• Minimum of 5 years prior management experience in leading and developing teams.
Individual must have appropriate management skills in staff development, hiring and coaching for best results. Must act as a proactive leader in the analysis of results, planning and communication information
• Demonstrated experience in marketing and working directly with agents and partners.
• Must have a bachelors degree.
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to negotiate and appropriately accept / push back on requests made by all levels of EMPLOYERS staff.
• Must understand options with regard to how business relationships with distribution and association partners can be structured and appropriately guide the development of legal and mutually beneficial relationships.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED (if applicable)
• Project management experience
• Masters in Business Administration preferred
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2020 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2020 Brolin Corporation