Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Director, Global Trade Compliance
Meritor, Inc. is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. With more than a 100-year legacy of providing innovative products that offer superior performance, efficiency and reliability, the company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, specialty and aftermarket customers in more than 70 countries.
Based in Troy, Mich., more than 11,000 employees are located in manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, joint ventures, distribution centers and global offices worldwide. Meritor common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MTOR. For more information, visit the company's web site at meritor.com.
Meritor is committed to compliance with all applicable United States and non-U.S. export control laws and import regulations. The incumbent has ultimate responsibility for leading the continued development, implementation, and management of Meritor's regional and global export/import compliance program. The incumbent is currently responsible for supervising one Export Compliance Manager and one Import Compliance Manager and their respective staffs.
· Directs the Office of Global Trade Compliance and coordinates with regional trade compliance staff on the strategic and tactical goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the company’s trade compliance program.
· Provides expert advice and guidance concerning the requirements and obligations of exporting and importing under the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC), Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms, and Tobacco (ATF) Regulations, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations and other non-U.S. export/import laws and requirements. Maintains company's registrations as an exporter with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) and permanent importer of USMIL items with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF).
· Chairs a Global Trade Compliance Council and directs the efforts of export/import compliance matters at a functional and business unit level.
· Represents the company before U.S. and non-U.S. government trade compliance authorities to strengthen partnerships, respond to regulatory inquiries, and advocate company positions.
· Oversees implementation and maintenance of company best practices and guidelines to ensure compliance consistency and accuracy with U.S. and non-U.S. export/import trade compliance regulations. Works with business units and functions to ensure requirements are incorporated into local work instructions.
· Drives cost reduction programs and duty avoidance programs globally.
· Acts as an Empowered Official for the company.
· Directs export and import compliance training throughout company. Advances organizational knowledge and practice of compliance requirements through the publishing and maintenance of policies, procedures, work instructions and Technology Control Plans.
· Oversees export and import compliance self-assessments and supports audits of business operations. Direct corrective actions as necessary.
· Direct reviews and investigations of internal compliance audits and potential non-compliance matters. Works with General Counsel's office regarding disclosures.
· Provides trade compliance direction and due-diligence associated with mergers and acquisitions and new venture or country opportunities. Reviews and revises export compliance verbiage in proposed contracts.
· Leads overarching efforts regarding company's physical/electronic controls and product/technology classifications.
· Oversees the management of the drafting and submission process of export license applications, proposed agreements, import permits, commodity jurisdiction/CCATS requests, NAFTA certifications, protests, HTS classification, post-entry, drawback and goods return claims, and other such submissions in support of companywide business activities.
· Ensures companywide record-keeping guidelines are met in accordance with trade compliance regulatory requirements.
· Supports other export and import compliance initiatives, as required.
· Creates Change/Relentlessly Innovates and Improves
· Manages Coordination and Integration
· Develops Organizational Capability
· Manages Performance
· Emphasizes Customer Focus
· Promotes Core Values
· Empowers People
BS/BA Degree in Business Administration or related area required. MBA, JD, and/or Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO) Certification, and/or Licensed Customs Broker preferred.
Ten or more years of ITAR, EAR, OFAC, ATF, CBP or other regulatory experience in an industry environment preferred. Knowledge of non-U.S. export and import laws required.
Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
Demonstrated skills in strategic planning and implementation. Project management experience and knowledge of procurement, accounting, logistics and budgeting.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to discuss problematic issues at all levels within the company.
Ability to build strong customer service relationships.
Strong writing skills; experience in drafting and processing licenses, agreements, permits, reports, and presentations.
Meritor, Inc. offers a stimulating, high-tech work environment backed by an excellent salary and benefits package. For immediate consideration, visit us on the Web at www.Meritor.com and apply on-line.
Employment agencies that do not have specific approval to recruit for Meritor, Inc. should not forward resumes to Meritor, Inc.
Meritor will not be held responsible for any fees and/or expenses based on any submission and subsequent use of resumes unless the employment agency has been contacted by Meritor to assist in the recruitment for that specific position.
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2021 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2021 Brolin Corporation