|REPORTS TO President-Helicopters Division
POSITION OVERVIEW The Director of Contracts provides Contract Management leadership, direction and hands on contract management supporting a major corporate operational unit. This individual develops and implements contract management policies and processes, provides management, leadership, coaching and direction to contract and vendor contracts management staff, provides strategic guidance to Operations General management in areas of business growth and customer care, and ensures compliance and accuracy of proposals and contractual documents.
RESPONSIBILITIES: ' Managing the contracting process ' Preparing and coordinating documents ' Serving as liaison between other departments, customers and other external contacts including suppliers / vendors ' Handling special projects ' Negotiating, reviewing, interpreting, and monitoring RFP's, prime and subcontract orders received by company ' Ensuring legal compliance on vendor, cost, schedule, performance and customer service aspects ' Preparing and issuing detailed legal memos setting forth risks created by proposed contract terms and conditions and recommending acceptance or non- acceptance of orders. Recommending contract modifications. ' Assessing legal implications of contract terms and clauses that may impose liability on the company. ' Initiating customer meetings and presentations to exchange information and discuss solutions to difficulties that arise during the life of the contract.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years managing a contracts team in a related industry
• 10+ years dealing with government regulations, accounting principles, audit customer management skills
• New Business Development/ Risk Mitigation Analysis
• Cost/Price Proposal Strategy
• FAR, Government regulations as well as State and commercial practices, FAR Supplements, ITAR, Cost Accounting Standards, Disclosure Statements, Forward Pricing agreements, Estimating Systems
• Development of Cost Proposal
• Ability to manage and motivate subordinate staff
SKILLS Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research. Organized, team oriented, attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills and able to maintain confidentiality. Experience in contracts management is required; Ability to work independently as well as in a team; Strong ability to communicate with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
APPEARANCE Business attire
PERSONALITY Pleasant, professional and team oriented
HOURS Salaried position
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
State or Province