Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
The Environmental, Health & Safety group (EHS) is responsible for implementing programs and policies that comply with all local, state and federal EHS rules and regulations and continuously strive to reduce the incidence and severity of occupational injury and illness.
The EHS department promotes a safe and environmentally friendly work environment through the integration of value added EHS programs, policies, and services.
Implements, monitors and participates in the development of company environmental, health and safety programs.
Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulations and permits at assigned sites.
Conducts comprehensive environmental, health and safety audits of complex facilities.
Provides technical assistance and advice to operations managers and employees regarding environmental health and safety issues.
Ensures the communication of environmental health and safety matters at assigned sites.
Conducts accident/incident investigations. Capable of serving as lead on certain environmental, health and safety projects.
Works independently under general supervision and direction.
Work is reviewed solely for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy.
Performs work that requires decision making and the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
Bachelor's degree and 3 - 5 years of experience in an EHS role or a Master's Degree and 1-3years of experience in an EHS role.
• Training and experience in incident command, emergency response, HAZMAT, first aid, or other relevant EHS topics.
• Experience in ISO / OHSAS Management System Implementation
• Grade 21 or above wastewater treatment plant operator license.
• RCRA / DOT trained
• 1-3 years experience working in a GMP regulated environment
• EHS Certification in either CSP, CEP, CHMM, CIH
• Demonstrated experience with the ability to meet regulatory compliance submittal deadlines
• Experience performing duties within the framework of an ISO / OHSAS certified or other such
• EHS management system
• Working knowledge of MADEP / EPA Air, Hazardous Waste and Wastewater regulations
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast, priority-switching environment
• Exceptional communication and problem solving skills
Special Working Conditions:
• Ability to wear a self-contained breathing apparatus and or respirator.
• Ability to work a schedule that requires flexibility based on business need.
State or Province