The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers and portable and stationary concrete batch plants, and field services vehicles and truck mounted cranes. This segment consists of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes; Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyzes space requirements, workflow and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
2. Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
3. Improves existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes.
4. Define appropriate and economical process to manufacture a design.
5. Continuing process improvement including troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
6. Review engineering change orders and support design for manufacture and assembly.
7. Apply techniques to study manufacturing system.
8. Project management.
9. Define plant and process layouts.
10. Determines capital equipment requirements.
11. Experience with fixture and tooling design.
12. All other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably assigned by the employer or its designee.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
3-plus years of related experience
SME Certified Manufacturing Engineer
Professional Engineer (PE)
Computer Aided Design (CAD) Solidworks preferred
Proficient with Lean, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints tools.
ERP and MRP training and experience in new product development preferred.
Environmental and Safety background as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office software data base software desired
Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of tasks as directed
Understanding and acceptance of Lean Principles
Detail-oriented and accurate
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be ""U.S. Persons,"" as defined in these regulations. Generally, a ""U.S. Person"" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
State or Province