Responsible for manufacturing process improvement. Plan, organize, lead and perform activities to define the production process to be used and to support process changes designed to improve safety, quality, and manufacturing efficiency within the assigned manufacturing area employing the tools of Manufacturing Excellence.
Responsibilities & Duties
Within the assigned manufacturing area:
· Actively support Production as the key customer of Process Engineering.
· Lead, sponsor, participate in, and follow up on problem solving teams, kaizen events, employee suggestions, maintenance activities, and process improvement activities in order to improve operating performance and workplace organization;
· Manage and execute engineering change control process within the guidelines of the existing quality system requirements.
· Ensure that employees within area of responsibility are trained in and consistently execute procedures, work instructions, and manufacturing processes;
· Develop competencies in core process technologies and maintain knowledge of equipment and manufacturing technology changes. Constantly search for and evaluate potential breakthrough technology.
· Support an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
· Own and role model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors to develop and transform the Company culture. Ensure that these values and behaviors are a part of everyday life at Plymouth Tube.
A bachelor degree in engineering or comparable technical degree. BSME preferred. A minimum of five years manufacturing experience is required.
Must demonstrate the ability to get things done through others.
Must be self-motivated, have a high sense of urgency, be able to problem solve complex situations, and be resourceful
Experience in lean manufacturing and/or six sigma techniques is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
State or Province