Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Engineer, Staff (Natural Gas)
Works independently on complex assignments which generally require specialized knowledge in an engineering discipline. Assigned tasks often involve the development of new or improved products/processes or techniques. Generally functions as project or program manager of natural gas asset development efforts.
Position specializes in one of the following engineering disciplines:
Design - Performs engineering assignments involved in the design of components, features or functionality of pipeline products and operations.
Compliance - Conducts audits/reviews and tests to ensure compliance with government/industry regulations and standards.
Systems - Performs engineering assignments involving gas operations, system modeling and overall system design.
Plant - Performs engineering assignments involved in the plan, design, equipment purchases construction and operations of LNG plant facilities.
Project - Performs engineering assignments as part of a work team involved in planning, organizing, developing and managing complex projects.
Mechanical/Maintenance - Performs engineering tasks involved in the planning and design of mechanical equipment and components and associated tasks involving maintenance of mechanical equipment.
Regulatory Compliance - Specializes in pipeline safety and compliance issues (both internal and external). Assigned tasks often involve working with pipeline safety regulators, other utilities and other areas of the Company. Knowledge of various aspects of Utility Operations are certainly beneficial. Examples include gas system design, construction, system maintenance, damage prevention, corrosion and leak survey.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs, evaluates and reviews the documentation of technical specifications and requirements.
• Researches and evaluates operational performance, safety regulation compliance and cost impact of equipment and material utilization for gas systems.
• Directs less senior engineers in preparing reports, proposals, graphs, planning layouts and summaries designed to communicate project plans, progress or results.
• Anticipates and identifies obstacles/issues that put project at risk; implements corrective action.
• Serves as project manager; assists in determining project objectives on the development of a comprehensive project design, outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, coordinates project activities with other operating units to facilitate participation of appropriate staff on project, supervises progress to ensure objectives are met.
• Maintains working knowledge of relevant technologies and best practices. Ensure engineering standards, methods and practices are in regulatory compliance.
• Develops design options or recommendations to improve system optimization. Assesses feasibility of engineering solutions.
• Develops engineering standards, methods and guidelines.
• Trains and mentors less senior engineers. Provides technical direction to project team members.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Civil)
• 7 years of progressive Engineering experience
• 3+ years experience in specialized natural gas engineering discipline
• Equivalent academic education and experience
• Strong project management
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Ability to influence and persuade in decision making.
CAD/GIS - intermediate proficiency
MS Office - advanced proficiency
• Professional Engineer certification preferred or Project Management certification
AGLR Success Factors:
Executing for Results
Collaboration and Building Relationships
Learning and Thinking
Industry Knowledge/Business Acumen
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Position typically works in an office environment
• Local weekly travel
• Occasional overnight travel
• Keyboarding required in approx 40% - 60% of daily tasks
AGL Resources is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2023 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2023 Brolin Corporation