The Manager, Export Compliance is responsible for global development of CareFusion's Export Compliance Program and its execution as part of the overall Quality Management System. In addition, the Manager, Export Compliance:
• Provides leadership and support to all CareFusion business units worldwide and to Global Trade Operations related to: export compliance management, licenses, training, auditing, improvement strategies and process redesign.
• Assists the Director, Global Trade Compliance in establishing an export compliance improvement philosophy and culture with a strong internal and external customer focus throughout the entire organization.
• Actively works across functions to ensure that export compliance is maintained while ensuring that overall organization objectives are supported.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities
• Leadership role in developing and overseeing the implementation of the export compliance systems worldwide to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, including those administered by BIS, OFAC, and corresponding agencies and regulations outside of the United States.
• Responsible for evaluating complex international business requirements, products and strategies to ensure compatibility with export compliance.
• Provides consultative support to all CareFusion subsidiaries to evaluate export requirements and objectives, design corrective action plans, where needed, and drive the implementation of such plans.
• Provide education and training to Global Trade staff on the appropriate interpretation and implementation of EAR, problem-solving tools, and re-engineering processes, where appropriate.
• Responsible for the design and maintenance of the export compliance audit program in accordance with governmental guidelines.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise-wide export compliance policies and standard work instructions, utilizing the established company's Quality Management System.
• Responsible for providing export compliance leadership and guidance to all applicable CareFusion business units. This includes developing export compliance training needed for all levels of CareFusion personnel. Manage the proper administration of this training.
• Responsible for classification reviews, ECCN determinations, encryption reviews, CCAT submissions, export license applications and corresponding activities to support EU export controls.
• Monitor and determine the impact of changes in export trade laws and regulations. Develop necessary changes in procedures as required by these changes. Effectively communicate these changes to appropriate personnel throughout CareFusion.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert on export issues including, but not limited to, denied parties, embargoed countries, anti-boycott compliance and reporting, and red flag issues. This includes acting as a principal contact during audits conducted by various export agencies.
• Leadership role on projects to establish new processes and systems to support the delivery of
CareFusion products, services and information to global customers.
• Support and coordinate M&A-related due diligence activities in behalf of the Global Trade function, when needed.
Job Family Summary
Regulatory Management - Responsible for development and deployment of policies and programs to minimize risk and enable compliant business operations. Disciplines: Global Trade, EH&S, Quality, Health Physics/Radiation Regulatory & Safety, Supply Chain, or Clinical Pharmacy Practice
What is expected of you for success in your role
Utilizes depth and breadth of experience to assess regulatory changes and business impact
Designs and implements program, policy and procedure enhancements
Addresses complex risks and non-standard situations
Education or Equivalent: A Bachelor's degree (MBA a plus) in a business or science discipline and a minimum of 10+ years in international trade-related experience with 4-5 years in a management capacity.
Must have a strong functional knowledge of EAR, FTR, and OFAC export control regulations.
Experience leading the development, implementation and execution of programs to address the international trade process needs of large multi-national corporations.
Strong technical skills, including encryption technology and application to export controls
Knowledge of medical device exemptions in the EAR
Experienced SNAP-R user
SAP/GTS experience preferred
In-depth knowledge of international trade policies and regulations of applicable government entities including the Bureau of Industry and Security, the Office of Foreign Asset Control and the Food and Drug Administration.
Understanding of export controls/licensing laws and regulations of foreign countries.
Ability to identify future trends and requirements in the relevant environment and construct meaningful strategies to address these needs.
· In-depth experience classifying using product literature, application-specific information, and evaluation of engineering feedback.
Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to interpret and implement regulations.
Strong communications (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
Excellent organizational, prioritization and planning skills.
Ability to independently develop, lead, drive projects and initiatives from inception to closure.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and understand business objectives.
· Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint (User) as well as adapts and uses technology to improve productivity.
Must have the ability to maintain objectivity to assignments, be attentive to detail, and provide constructive feedback in a professional manner. Ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 35% of the time.
Complex and constantly changing environment, spanning multiple businesses across several business segments. Business start-up equivalent environment within several businesses related to trade function/opportunity. Global presence of enterprise includes cross-border activities to support manufacturing and distribution world-wide.
Requisition ID: 110500SP
Primary Location: California-San Diego-San Diego - HQ Blds A & B
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Job Posting: Dec 21, 2011
State or Province