|Job Description: We’re searching for an incredibly sharp Export Compliance Manager to join our International Trade Compliance Team. This position has a diverse set of responsibilities therefore requires a dynamic personality – someone who is energetic and truly a self starter. By way of background, Moog is a worldwide designer, manufacturer and integrator of high performance motion control products and systems. As a company, we’ve grown steadily over the years both organically and by acquisition. We now have a multitude of locations across the U.S., and the growth is expected to continue. This is where you come in, and why you’re so important to our business success. Sound exciting? Just keep reading!
In this corporate position you will act as strategic advisor and primary point of contact for all Moog operations and be responsible to develop and document export procedures consistent with their business objectives and global strategies and ensure that all export-related activities are conducted in a manner which is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations. This position will work with Operation management to ensure that the exporting activities of each Operating Group and Corporate department are conducted in compliance with US laws regulating the export of goods, technology and services from the United States as well as laws regulating exportation of U.S. goods, technology or products manufactured abroad from U.S. technology from Moog's foreign operations.
If you’re up for the challenge of playing a major role in helping our company continue its history of success, and want to have a wide scope of accountabilities while working for a world class company, we need to talk. We expect the person selected to have at minimum a BS or BA degree in the field of international business, law, finance or other related area; MS/MBA degree is a plus. In addition, 10 years of progressive experience (usually post-education) in the field of export/import is required.
This person must have proven capabilities in project management and leadership; integrity and professionalism, as well as communication i.e. written, oral and listening. You must be able to develop trusting relationships with all levels of the organization. We need an expert in EAR, ITAR, OFAC, FDA regulations and a person with strong familiarity with Customs and import regulations.
This position requires a person with demonstrated success in initiatives that require a high level of collaboration. Among many others, these initiatives will include:
• Developing and setting Corporate policy and providing assistance and guidance in the development of exporting policies and procedures to all Moog Operating Groups
• Ensuring that Operating Group procedures are consistent with requirements of all trade regulations and supports audits conducted by US Government agencies
• Ensuring licensing and exporting procedures produce documentation that is complete and compliant
• Providing guidance, information and advice regarding export product classification matters- including the determination and certification of appropriate legal authority
• Responsibility for obtaining commodity jurisdictions when required
• Assisting the Corporate International Trade and Compliance Manager in the recognition, investigation and corrective actions associated with the process of voluntary disclosures
• Acting as focal point and advisor for exporting problems resulting in delayed or seized shipments in cooperation with Operating Group personnel
• Ensuring consistent management of item exportability decisions and communication across Moog's operations
Due to U.S. government and military contracts candidates must be a U.S. citizen. You must be willing to travel on average 20%, depending on business activity. Travel could include international locations.
At Moog you have to be ready for the fact that this is a different kind of company, and it always has been. It's partly about having absolute faith in the people around you to do a great job; and it's partly about being excited about the kind of work we are doing here, but there is more, much more.
You can do this.
State or Province