Under general direction, underwrites and analyzes new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination. Administers and monitors underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules. Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate. May provide guidance to lower level associates. Develops and maintains relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions. Supports the Zurich sales culture by being a HelpPoint for agents, brokers and customers. Note: In business units that sell direct to the customer, references to the agent, broker or distributor may be replaced by parties such as prospect, insured, customer, sales representative or other terms that are customary in the unit.
1. Bachelors Degree
2. Four or more years of International Construction Underwriting experience
3. Ability to travel up to 40%
4. Established broker relationships in the Midwest Region
5. Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
6.Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
7. Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills. In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
2. Strong negotiation skills.
3. Ability to multi-task and function in a team environment.
4. Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating.
5. Demonstrates strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation.
6. CPCU or other insurance designation
State or Province