Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Manager, Blending & Coating
Career Level Manager
Supervise and coordinate both current manufacturing and future development activities in Blending and Coating. Direct the exempt and nonexempt workforce in the direction of development of processes and operations for new/existing products and technologies. Ensure effective use of facilities and personnel, and compliance to production schedules and budget. Manage the development of departmental staff. Enforce compliance to cGMP and SOPs in all departmental activities. Serve as a colleague on various cross-functional teams as assigned.
• Direct the planning of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products and technologies by gathering information and undertaking certain projects as instructed by the VP Operations.
• Oversee production schedules, materials, equipment and manpower requirements. Ensure effective use of resources and quality of products.
• Continuously seek process improvement. Make recommendations to VP Operations to assist in the formulation of manufacturing policies, procedures and programs.
• Supervise, coordinate and review the work of departmental staff and employees.
• Estimate personnel requirements for projects; schedule and assign duties to ensure timely completion.
• Interface with other departments as required coordinating activities and facilitating the exchange of information.
• Coordinate and perform special projects as required.
• Participate in Lean Six Sigma projects to increase the efficiency of the operation.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Science or Business Administration required; equivalent experience (more than 12 years in management of a regulated manufacturing operation), will be considered. Seven to ten years professional experience with full knowledge of manufacturing process within the pharmaceutical industry. Good written and verbal communication skills; strong leadership abilities. PC literate with basic proficiency in various applications including but not limited to statistical ones.
JUDGMENT / DECISION MAKING: Under general direction toward broad assignments with periodic reviews. Duties performed within a framework of departmental or functional protocol requiring a high degree of original thinking.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Substantial damage or loss possibility. Recommend purchases and capital improvements; ensure cost-efficient use of departmental resources. High risk of loss of product or further regulatory penalty for non-performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR CONTACTS: Regular internal and external contact requiring a high level of resourcefulness and tact.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Participate and recommend employment of both supervisory staff and non-exempt colleagues on multiple shifts over 24 hours per day.
ENVIRONMENT: Production environment with exposure to airborne particles, moving parts, and odors. Carelessness could result in minor injury.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Majority of time spent working in either an office environment
or controlled manufacturing setting. Occasionally required to lift and carry objects weighing up to fifty pounds. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required to operate computer and proofread documents.
OTHER: Approximately seven days overnight travel per year; extra hours required to meet project deadlines.
Noven is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer which recruits, hires, trains and promotes persons in all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2020 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2020 Brolin Corporation