Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Manager, Trade Compliance
The Manager, Trade Compliance is responsible for assisting the Chief Compliance Officer as necessary to ensure that Ensco complies with U.S., U.K. and other governments' trade laws and regulations, as well as the Company's related policies. This position works closely with Ensco's Supply Chain, Asset Management and Engineering departments to ensure accurate and compliant processing of export and import orders.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the various departments in the Company
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong team player
· Attention to detail
· Ability to perform in a rapidly changing environment
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
· Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
· Ability to work independently
A minimum of 7 years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity.
7 to 12 years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
U.S. Customs Brokers license, preferred
7-12years experience in export operations, trade compliance, international logistics, or U.S. customs brokerage
Working knowledge of BIS classification system and licensing requirements, DDTC regulations and requirements, sanctions regimes, OFAC controls and anti-boycott legislation and reporting
Prior experience with U.S. government regulatory enforcement authority preferred
Must be familiar with both domestic and international regulations which dictate transportation, import and export compliance enforcement
Oil and gas industry experience, preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Provides regulatory guidance relative to trade compliance procedures and documentation (including EAR classification and jurisdiction), business processes, country of origin rules, licensing and administration, denied parties, technology transfers, deemed exports, sanctions, anti-boycott reporting, recordkeeping, audits and training
Ensures Company trade compliance program complies with applicable laws and regulations by continually evaluating processes and system updates
Consults with Supply Chain personnel, as necessary, regarding proper classification of items
Assists in internal investigations of customs, export and import matters
Plans, develops, manages, and oversees trade compliance audit procedures to determine the effectiveness of existing controls, policies and procedures
Identifies weaknesses in the trade compliance program and creates solutions to improve systems
Keeps Ensco's management advised of best practice for systems and standards
Advises Chief Compliance Officer when procedures and policy are not adhered to or are misinterpreted in the Supply Chain group or by forwarder/broker
Researches market trends and best practices in trade compliance for implementation within the Company
Enhances general internal awareness of trade compliance issues and requirements
Oversees the activities, priorities, work assignments and performance of any work teams that may be established
Participates in work groups, task forces, committees and project teams as needed
Assists with compliance projects, as assigned by CCO
Manages special projects, as assigned
Minimum Requirements for this position
· Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
· Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
· Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
· Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (use financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; edit and use macros; import and export information).
· Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
Minimum Requirements for all Ensco positions
· Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
· Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
· Available and willingness to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
· Committed to a high standard of safety and will and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer's safety policies and rules. Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
· Effective communication, team working and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills.
· Excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
· Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
· Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
· Maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer's sole discretion.
· PC proficiency required. Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office software suite version.
· Perform duties onsite, except those job duties which are customarily or by their nature performed offsite (such as off-site meetings with customers at their request or for marketing purposes, making deliveries to designated destinations, traveling to field offices to meet with superiors/peers/subordinates or attend/conduct training, etc).
· Work effectively alone or as part of a team on projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2020 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2020 Brolin Corporation