|GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency in support of the Manufacturing Operations of Immucor.
ESSITIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
· Under general direction, plans, organizes, oversees, coordinates, and reviews the work of professional, technical, and administrative staff.
· Manages and participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the Manufacturing Operations Team; recommends within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
· Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
· Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
· Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
· Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
· Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
· Provides input and approves technical documents, including: Protocols, Reports, SOPs and Technical Assessments.
· Exhibit leadership in strategic development, tactical execution, and overall effectiveness of capital investment process and budget for global operations.
· Interact with vendors to determine if newly developed products can be produced to quality standards with existing processes & machine capabilities.
· Work with members of management or their designees on projects such as, determining capital spending priorities and payback schedules that enhance performance with respect to delivery, quality and efficiency.
· Target projects that will reduce lost machine capacity--review traditional processes, work habits, and training aimed at continuous improvement.
· Employ statistical problem solving methodologies and sound engineering principles to ensure excellence in execution.
· Make recommendations to management in any targeted areas regarding increased quality, productivity and efficiency; and implement as appropriate.
· Owns manufacturing processes, SOPs, CAPAs and has approval responsibilities for Deviations
· Perform other functions or projects as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering Required.
· 5-10+ years of solid experience working with Aseptic Filling Equipment and/or Packaging Equipment and processes required.
· Strong understanding of CAPA Systems and TrackWise required.
· Strong technical writing skills required.
· Root Cause Investigation experience preferred.
· Strong understanding of closure systems (bottles with screw caps/droppers) a plus.
· Black Belt or PMP a plus.
State or Province