Plans, directs, and coordinates technical support for the manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
· Support assembly area to increase productivity and efficiency
· Support the timely manufacture of pre-production and prototype component samples
· Support maintenance on machine breakdowns, start-ups, tooling improvements, etc.
· Carry out machine capability studies
· Determine root cause analysis problematical issues
· Support manufacturing processes and Kaizen teams
· Design and make detailed drawings of fixtures, tooling, gauging, etc.
· Work daily overtime and Saturdays and/or Sundays when directed by immediate supervisor or, as necessary, to complete essential job duties.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient in CNC programming on Fanuc, Mazak and Brother controls. Proven CAD experience on Auto Cad or Solid Works. Basic understanding of PLC logic controls
· Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and circuitry. Strong understanding of tool cutting geometry
· Strong organizational skills, able to work well under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously
· Must enjoy challenges and meet planned deadlines
· Basic knowledge of applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental management systems
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science, Engineering, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience with 4 year technical degree.
Minimum of five (5) years experience in metal removal and/or close tolerance assembly manufacturing
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is mostly performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards, and with substantial time spent working on a computer. Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
State or Province