At Cummins, regardless of your degree or area of expertise, you have the capacity and the opportunity to immediately impact our organization and our future. As a $13 billion international leader, our diverse business segments range from innovative filtration systems, advanced turbochargers, and power generation to the world's leading diesel engines and components. Our business diversity demands the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of backgrounds. We unleash the power of Cummins by giving you the freedom to take charge, the opportunities to grow and the benefits to build your future. Our commitment to a solid work/life balance is just one example.
At Cummins, you'll help make people's lives better by creating the products that provide jobs and help world economies. You'll help create innovative, environmentally responsible power solutions. You will unleash the potential of your talents as never before.
Our Engine Business has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer - AT Mfg Engr/Maint. located in Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing systems required to achieve world class levels of safety, productivity, quality and cost.
- Responsible for achieving results in process design and methods analysis, operations analysis, and improvement, and performance measurement and audit.
- Participate in cross-functional groups including Quality, Safety, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance and Materials. Implement cost effective, safe and capable processes.
- Analyze production operations to determine opportunities for improvements in cost, quality, and delivery. Recommend alternatives and implement.
- Lead or participate in work group problem solving and continuous improvement activities, including definition of the problem, identification of the improvement opportunities, selection of the alternatives, and implementation and measurement.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to define future processes and new product strategies, capacity requirements, and application of new technologies.
- Capital budget planning and project implementation
- Evaluate and submit recommendations on plant equipment acquisitions proposals, including procurement, installation, and run-off acceptance.
- Train others in the analytical tools and techniques of Manufacturing Engineering.
- Provide technical leadership for Manufacturing Engineering activities.
- Provide on-the-floor daily support for operations.
- General trouble shooting to resolve manufacturing issues on a daily basis.
SKILL - FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Understanding of medium to high volume automotive machining using transfer lines, flex cells, and CNC machining centers.
- Operating and programming knowledge of Cincinnati, Makino, and/or Toyota CNC Machining Centers.
- Knowledge of fixture and tool design
- Knowledge of rotary and indexable cutting tools.
- Experience in cast iron machining
- Knowledge of cutting tool speeds, feeds, and applications.
- MS Word, Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD, Visual SPC experience
- Time management skills
SKILL - QUALITY/IMPROVEMENT
- Demonstrated ability to determine cause and effect of variables associated with manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of basic quality tools such as: Pareto Analysis, 7 - Step Problem Solving, FMEA, SPC,
Sigma/Black belt and 5S process.
SKILL -- TEAMWORK
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization, and be a team player, both within the team and on business/enterprise task groups.
- Demonstrated capability of developing and implementing corrective action plans, individually and/or as a team member.
SKILL -- LEADERSHIP
- Capable of performing multiple tasks within a high-volume manufacturing plant.
- Self-starter with capability to switch gears with little or no direction
- Display individual leadership skills, resolve problems, manage projects, and share skills within the business.
OTHER WORK DEMANDS:
Employees in this position must be able to lift one to forty-five pounds frequently and seventy-five pounds or more infrequently with assistance; employees must be able to interpret information by using visual acuity, hearing and speaking, gross and fine motor skills; work eight hours or more frequently and work rotating shifts.
Benefits/Company information: Explore superior growth opportunities and enjoy progressive advantages like our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, stock options, Domestic Partners coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Please visit www.cummins.com to explore opportunities in our organization. At Cummins, diversity drives our business worldwide, and inspires our work and our lives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus.
Interested candidates please submit your resume for prompt consideration.
Cummins Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
Primary Location United States-North Carolina-Rocky Mount-US, NC, Rocky Mount, CDC Case-Cummins
Job Posting Oct 21, 2011
Unposting Date Ongoing
State or Province