Position Summary and Special Duties
Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering and project management
support for production operations. Contributes
Through implementing technical improvements to manufacturing equipment,
processes and methods, which support the production of existing products and the
introduction of new products.
The essential functions of the preferred candidate will be, but not limited to:
1. Responsible for cost improvement programs and procedures on ongoing and new
2. Leads and participates in cost-of-goods teams.
3. Controls departmental changes and assists in the design concepts of new and
replacement equipment and interfaces with Production Management/Project
Management on issues such as machine repairs, parts and machine maintenance,
capital and cost improvements.
4. Develops maintenance systems and cycles in specific manufacturing areas.
5. Maintains accurate data on machine and equipment performance.
6. Improve reliability and extends life of all tools, and equipment by upgrading
their design to include the latest technology.
7. Conceives, develops and demonstrates production capability of process and
tool changes which will improve either manufacturing efficiency or product
8. Assists in the design concept of new or replacement equipment to ensure
compatibility with existing systems and serviceability.
9. Coordinates with Engineering on new product, equipment and tool development
programs. Provides information on process and performance of joint evaluations.
10. Responsible for determining financial plans/projections and controlling
within the scope of assigned projects.
11. Communicate with engineering and other support groups as necessary
Communicate with production colleagues daily.
12. Be aware of and follow the Environmental Policy and EH&S work
instructions that apply to the job.
Minimum Qualifications: B.S. in Engineering. 5+ years of manufacturing
State or Province