|Job Description: High Level Mission Statement
It is the mission of Manufacturing Engineering is to lead the development, implementation, and support of production systems and processes to verify and drive improvements in the quality of our products.
High Level Statement of the Role
Participate in internal design activities with respect to design for manufacturability, identification of undefined or high-risk processes and specification of custom or one of a kind equipment. Assist program management, customers and management in the development of budget, resource and timing information for all programs.
High Level Roles & Responsibilities
· Develop robust 4+ Sigma processes
· Research, evaluate, and make equipment recommendations to Engineering Mgr.
· Properly apply Lean & Six Sigma tools to reduce waste and variability throughout the factory floor
· Leads tooling development with tooling suppliers and applies proven mistake-proof techniques.
· Responsible for completing all assigned Global Change System (GCS) actions.
· Responsible for providing equipment specific OJT level training to fellow employees.
· Work with various area Supervisors and Engineers in resolving production issues.
· Work with area management to promote adherence to quality systems
· Seek out continuous improvement opportunities to reduce cost or increase througput
· Insure all ISO and QS procedures are followed.
· Additional duties as assigned
State or Province