|Mevion Medical Systems, Inc.
Come join the team that is creating the next generation system to treat cancer – a proton beam particle accelerator that can deliver precise doses of radiation to tumor cells while minimizing effects to healthy tissue.
This system is arguably one the most sophisticated medical device ever built and in many cases it will be the most important purchase a hospital will ever make. At the core of our system is a superconducting synchrocyclotron that is capable of accelerating protons to energies of 250 MeV. Our design utilizes state of the art engineering techniques and materials including advanced cryogenic systems, high power RF systems, distributed real-time control systems, sophisticate 2D and 3D X-ray image guidance, and highly precise mechanical systems.
Manufacturing Engineer I
We are an exciting Medical Device startup in need of Manufacturing Engineer I that will help revolutionize cancer treatment.
Job Duties and Requirements, include:
· Provide manufacturing support in the design, manufacture, installation, and acceptance testing of a particle accelerator and its support systems under direct supervision, including:
· Creating and maintaining manufacturing process documentation (Assembly Work Instructions and Test procedures).
· Structuring Bills of Material for Lean manufacturing
· Reviewing Engineering Changes for Manufacturability
· Acting as liaison between engineering, the production floor, and key vendors
· Provide troubleshooting support, root cause analysis and resolution for manufacturing issues.
· Facilitating non-conforming material disposition
· Identifying and pursuing cost reduction opportunities
· Driving process improvement in all aspects of manufacturing, test, installation and commissioning.
· Some travel is required (less than but up to 25%, no more than 2wks at a time.)
Minimum educational, training and experience qualifications:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, (0-3 yrs experience, )
· Interest in managing key suppliers in the development of time-critical components.
· Interest in creating manufacturing process documentation (Assembly Work Instructions and Test procedures).
· Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to work successfully in a team environment
· Good administrative and coordinating skills
· Ability to work across functional lines.
Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Mevion Medical Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
|Mevion Medical Systems Inc.|
State or Province