This position is accountable for the development, evaluation, documentation, and improvement of the manufacturing methods for hard materials, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards in efforts to insure manufacturability at minimal cost that meet the required quality, repeatability, cycle-time, and safety goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Developing, evaluating, improving and documenting manufacturing processes for repeatability that meet our quality, cost, cycle-time and safety needs (including process control techniques).
· Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
· Collaborating with design engineering through a stage gate product development process to launch new products on-time and on budget that meet both the customers' and business' needs.
· Conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, or material purchase, and evaluating products according to quality standards and specifications.
· Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
· Working closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
· Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
· Providing engineering support for the assigned production department(s) to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems (Reach out to the RDE team, as required).
· Provides production floor and assembly support in technical matters related to interpretation of engineering documentation, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), rework, manufacturing difficulties and specification, and implementation of training on new processes.
· Take the lead on root cause analysis, corrective action, and report generation for product returns that are under warranty or customer complaints.
· Initiate, justify, and implement capital equipment, as required.
Bachelors degree in Materials Science or Ceramics Engineering
Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing and assembly practices and processes, specifically working with hard materials processing (grinding, lapping, etc)
General manufacturing engineering expertise of a senior level, with 5-7 years related work experience as a Manufacturing Engineer.
Excellent written/verbal/teaching skills with attention-to-detail.
Demonstrated PC, Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Self-starter with ability to work in both a team environment and autonomously.
Excellent listening skills.
Multi-task oriented with ability to manage multiple projects and ensure goals and timelines are met.
Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company.
Flexible and dedicated to owning responsibility for assigned processes.
Ability to prioritize needs and focus on key issues.
Ability to make logical decisions and take action to solve problems while exhibiting good judgment and a practical understanding of issues and process interactions.
Strong background in manufacturing programs, i.e., Total Quality Management (TQM), Continuous Process Improvement, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Concurrent Engineering Teams, Design for Manufacturability (DFM) Kanban principles, and Just in Time JIT).
|IDEX Health & Science|
State or Province