|About the Job
Android Industries, a successful and growth oriented leader in the fast paced assembly segment of the American Automotive Industry has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer at our Warren, Michigan facility.
Purpose: This position will add an additional resource to the engineering department, providing engineering support to all crews. This engineer will support plant operations through continuous improvement, customer interface and problem solving to ensure that Android produces world-class quality service.
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Manage multiple engineering projects that support plant operations. These projects will range from process improvements to development and installation of new tooling.
· Represent Android in a professional manner with customers and suppliers at all levels of their organization
· Active leader in problem solving analysis and developing irreversible corrective actions of quality issues
· Become a leader in managing scrap and non-conforming material
· Teach, lead and continuously improve all areas of the business
· Interface with all aspects of operations including quality, materials and maintenance
· Understand Android operations (Sequencing/sub –assembly, shipping and receiving)
· Interface with Android plant liaisons on a daily basis regarding any issues
· Believe in Android philosophies and values
· Follow and improve the Android business systems
· Ability to work well in a team environment and have a positive attitude
· Effectively interact with, lead and develop people
· Work very closely with the other engineers to ensure continuity
· Customer focused
· Able to work with and effectively communicate with operators on the floor as well as Android Management
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
· At least three years experience in assembly and/or manufacturing and demonstrated success as a person who solves problems.
· 2 years experience with the APQP system.
· Above average PC skills which would include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Solid communication skills, written and verbal
· Knowledge of QS9000 quality system
· Supervisory experience in the manufacturing field is preferred
· Integrity – adhering to high ethical principles and professional standards
· Trustworthiness – Being honest, dependable and earning the confidence of others
The Will to Win - being tenaciously driven to accomplish stated objectives
· Excellence – consistently being the best you can be
· Responsible – being reliable and trustworthy
· Accountability – being obligated and willing to accept responsibility for one’s actions
· Dignity – behaving in accord with Android’s Basic Principles
· Respect – treating others as you would have them treat you
Willingness and Desire to Lead for personal & professional growth
Demonstrates ability and willingness toward conflict resolution opportunities
Flexible work schedule
Android Industries offers a full range of competitive wages and benefits along with excellent growth and advancement opportunities. If you feel your skills and abilities have prepared you for this position, please forward your resume and salary requirements.
Android advocates full equal employment opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Android complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
State or Province