|About the Job
Johnson Screens is a leading designer/manufacturer of Vee Wire® screen products for filtration systems. We have been in business since 1904 and our products serve the water well, industrial, HPI, agricultural and architectural markets.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer in our New Brighton, Minnesota facility.
· Design, develop, test, source and cost justify various tooling, fixturing, machinery and
equipment for production in a multi-plant environment.
· Facilitate the introduction of new processes, equipment and methods.
· Coordinate the orderly transition and installation of new processes and/or methods in a team environment, capitalizing on historical processes and methods.
· Prepare feasibility studies and thorough cost justification for projects. Preparation of Appropriation Requests (AFE's).
· Lead manufacturing engineering efforts in supporting manufacturing processes and quality and the production of screen products.
· Evaluate cost reductions, improvements and value analysis for engineering and manufacturing applications across the plants as needed or assigned.
· Support maintenance and operations in equipment improvement, problems solving processes and repairs.
· Write procedures and reports as needed.
· Conduct capability studies as needed or assigned.
· Confers with appropriate personnel to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs.
· Work with outside suppliers as needed to resolve problems with material and/or equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS SPECIFIC TO THE WORK
· Degree in Engineering- Industrial or Manufacturing preferred. Business related course work or MBA preferred.
· 5-8 years experience in a manufacturing environment as an engineer.
· Knowledge of machine design, welding processes, controls and automation, process improvement and lean manufacturing.
· Drawing and specification interpretation skills are necessary.
· Excellent team leadership skills.
· Be a self-starter, innovative and able to work with little or no supervision.
· Understand GD+T and dimensioning. Understand and be able to implement SPC.
· PC skills requires: AutoCAD - with Inventor, MS Office and related add-ons, MS Project, and comfortable with computer tools that may be developed. Visual Basic programming and CNC a plus.
· Ability to work within tight schedules to satisfy customer requirements.
· Be able to communicate verbally and in writing with internal associates as well as with suppliers and customers.
· Available to travel domestic and internationally.
Johnson Screen's parent company is Weatherford International, a fortune 500 company, headquartered in Houston, Texas.
To be considered, please email your resume to Melanie.May@JohnsonScreens.com or fax to 651-636-2916 attention Melanie. Any questions call me at 651-638-3243. EOE
1950 Old Hwy 8 NW
New Brighton, MN 55112
State or Province