Garlock Sealing Technologies is the recognized international leader in fluid sealing with worldwide headquarters in Palmyra, a suburb of Rochester, NY. For over 100 years, Garlock has pioneered industrial sealing innovations. Garlock is known for excellence in research and development, quality products, and our ability to solve our customer’s difficult problems. If you are looking for a challenging career in a growing business then Garlock is for you. At Garlock, we are always searching for talented, motivated employees who are seeking career growth.
General Summary and Basic Functions
Carries out broad and diversified industrial engineering assignments to effect sound company improvement programs, secure sound work standards, proper job methods and to increase productivity and effect economies in company operations.
1. Conducts broad and diversified studies and analysis of manufacturing operations as well as equipment, material, manpower and methods.
2. Develops, recommends and implements as approved, economical and efficient work methods, work-in-process requirements, sound time standards and day rate standards.
3. Works closely with manufacturing supervision to develop and implement methods improvements and cost reductions.
4. Analyzes various phases or the company’s overall material handling program including equipment and recommends improvements for efficiency and economy of operation.
5. Develops and recommends improved layouts for offices, manufacturing operations and storage areas making required analysis of material flow, equipment, manpower and material and storage requirements.
6. Develops and establishes reporting procedures to reflect machine and labor efficiencies, actual versus standard.
7. Investigates and recommends purchase or improvement of manufacturing equipment and facilities to increase efficiency and economy in operations.
8. Furnishes technical assistance to other engineering groups in developing methods of manufacture for new products and is responsible for implementing approved manufacturing methods and for preparing estimate of material and labor requirements and standards as required.
9. Compiles and evaluates data in regard to appropriation requests and submits recommendations.
10. Furnishes labor, material and expenses standards to the Accounting Sections and Cost Standard Unit for cost estimating and establishment of standard costs and budgets; and, assists Accounting in establishing overhead rates as requested.
11. Develops data and prepares reports to reflect performance trends in productivity.
12. Keeps supervisor regularly and fully informed as to project progress and problems.
Job Specifications and Work Performed
· B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· A minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience
· PC skills
· Communication and organization skills
· Rubber proccessing experience a plus
Garlock Sealing Technologies is headquartered in Palmyra, NY
How to Apply
Interested, qualified candidates can submit their resume to Niki Klaaren at email@example.com . For additional information call 315.597.7311.
Note: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Garlock Sealing Technologies; Palmyra, New York
|Garlock Sealing Technologies|
State or Province