|MANUFACTURING ENGINEERPhillips Manufacturing
is a national single source manufacturer for all drywall finishing beads, trims, channels, and framing components.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Niles team. The successful candidate will be capable of using his/her ability and background knowledge to plan, design, investigate, experiment, analyze, and execute various engineering projects to improve the manufacturing process. While the ideal candidate will also possess manufacturing experiences in steel roll forming and vinyl extrusion, it is not mandatory.
Several key functions this individual will be responsible for includes:
* Interact with production, maintenance, customers and sales personnel to define and solve manufacturing/design issues/opportunities.
* Design new equipment, machinery and/or tooling for new product design and/or existing product redesign. Design and detail tooling, equipment, control circuits, etc.
* Maintain all documentation and control changes by Engineering Change Order (ECO) and/or Engineering Change Notice (ECN).Work with vendors to determine part/product specifications and tolerance requirements. Prepare cost estimates and perform purchasing for part repairs, new equipment and contract work.
* Investigate and analyze customer complaints. Identify root cause and recommend manufacturing process adjust- ment/changes to prevent recurrence.
* Formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize quality, reliability, and minimize costs.
* Keep engineer and manufacturing management team informed on status or progress of projects/items or other consideration to facilitate the production processes.
Phillips offers a competitive wage, outstanding benefits package which includes medical & dental insurance, disability & life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and paid time off, options.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check is required of the chosen candidate.
State or Province