Support the manufacturing plant and other engineers. Design fixtures using CAD. Program existing CNC equipment and robots. Troubleshoot existing products, methods and machines for a 50 employee contract manufacturing company. Ouote RFQ's to customers in an accurate and timely manner. This is a hands on position requiring both computer and hands on equipment knowledge and ability. Candidate will spend a significant portion of their time in the plant. Willing to train the right candidate, with no experience, but with educational requirements, and ability and attitude to get the job done. A sense of urgency is required.
* Evaluates current operation and processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
* Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors and customers.
* Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
* Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product
and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
* Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
* Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests from the plant and customers.
* Keeps equipment operational by both hands on and coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
* Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
* Completes design and development projects by training and guiding shop employees.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Dealing with Complexity, Communication, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM
Above all must have the ability and willingness to learn, a keen sense of urgency, be self motivated and enjoy working under pressure to get the job done as both an individual and part of a team.
State or Province