This position continually improves existing manufacturing processes and develops new manufacturing processes to support new product development implementation. This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and Lean Leader.
1. Optimization of current manufacturing processes and development of new manufacturing processes utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
2. Lead and participate in Lean kaizen events utilizing Lean tools and methodologies.
3. Lead and participate in Six Sigma process improvement projects utilizing DMAIC methodology.
4. Manage cost reduction efforts including global sourcing of components and processes, including redesign of products and components through execution of Value Added/Value Engineering (VA/VE) methodologies.
5. Assist new product development engineering with integration of new products, both buy/sell and internally manufactured, into production. Responsibilities include manufacturing feasibility and process development, COGS models, pre-production/prototype/acceptance runs, SOPís, etc.
6. Project management of implementation of new manufacturing processes including capital equipment justification and purchase contract development.
7. Develop and document written standard operating procedures and methods on manufacturing processes.
8. Document and train production personnel on standard operating procedures on all shifts.
9. Assist maintenance department with development and control of preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
10. Assist tooling department with tooling control process development and implementation related to manufacturing equipment to optimize tooling design and usage.
11. Participate in Process and Supplier Material Review Board (MRB) and daily Lean management (CIOS) meetings.
12. Communicate continually with plant supervision, quality, and safety representatives regarding equipment modifications, procedure revisions and training.
13. Work within QBS requirements and ISO 9000 standards.
∑ Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
∑ Five to seven years experience with manufacturing process improvement, new product introduction, machinery and documentation. Experience in metal forming/welding, tubing industry and high-volume manufacturing is highly desirable.
∑ Extensive experience applying Lean methodologies to process improvement and new product introduction efforts is required, including prior leadership of kaizen improvement events.
∑ Prior Six Sigma project participation required, Six Sigma Greenbelt certification highly desired.
∑ Comprehensive knowledge of general mechanical engineering and mechanical design principles and practices, including tooling design. 3D design experience desired.
∑ Project management experience in product development and manufacturing environments.
∑ Effectively communicate with employees, vendors, and customers at all levels of the organization including strong presentation skills.
∑ Practical industrial engineering experience in a high-volume assembly and manufacturing environment is a plus.
∑ Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office or equivalent software. Experience with Microsoft Project software and Solidworks is a plus.
∑ Required to travel domestically and internationally.
∑ Works in a normal office and factory environment. Demands include oral, written, and presentation/communications skills. Physical demands include ability to move and work throughout the plant and office areas. Alternates between sitting, standing, and moving within the work area. Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
About Watts Water Technology
Since 1874, the Watts Water Technologies family of companies has designed and manufactured valves and related products that promote the comfort and safety of people and the quality, conservation and control of water used in commercial, residential, industrial and municipal applications.
Watts Water Technologies, Inc. was incorporated in Delaware in 1985 and is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol 'WTS'. Watts has operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa. Watts' objective is to increase sales and earnings by expanding into new markets, continuously developing new products for existing markets, making key acquisitions and reducing manufacturing costs.
|Dormont Manufacturing Company|
State or Province