|Job Summary Major responsibilities include enhancing manufacturing by assuring that parts or assemblies are processed and tooled to meet optimum quality, quantity and cost requirements. Provide technical support to analyze and develop manufacturing control systems. Interface will occur with Work Group Advisors, Work Groups, Quality and Product Engineering, and Manufacturing Support Services. Other responsibilities include developing cost reduction programs through manufacturing efficiency improvements, schedule attainment, and first run capacity. Specific results include continuous improvement of safety, quality, cost, workflow, and on-time product delivery.
Education Required Requires a Bachelor's Degree in and Engineering discipline. If the candidate does not meet the degree requirement a combination of relevant education and experience should total the equivalent of eleven (8) years.
Experience Required A knowledge and prior implementation of cellular manufacturing, J.I.T. and S.P.C. are required. Experience should also include detail process planning and manufacturing engineering activities. Direct experience in a variety of fabrication, machining, finishing and assembly processes including inspection, equipment selection, tooling selection, and new product/design introduction.
Other responsibilities include:
1) machine programming, methods development, and technical/floor support for resolution of quality or process issues,
2) detail process planning and continuous improvement, including specifying process parameters, process equipment, tooling, fixturing, and gauging,
3) computer oriented (CAD, Network/software, PC applications),
4) practical application of ergonomics, and safety process controls,
5) machining operations and equipment, familiarity with cellular and JIT concepts,
equipment justification and procurement, costing methods/Value analysis,
7) process control and quality assurance, SPC, and process capability,
8) capacity planning, including productivity measurements, manpower planning, and material flow,
9) process documentation/information,
10) fabrication, machining, finishing and assembly principles with a basic understanding of programming and EASE work standards, and
11) ISO 9000 standards and their relationship to company policies, procedures and instructions.
Supplemental Information Process / Industrial Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering disciplines preferred.
Emphasis on system integration is a benefit.
Lean Manufacturing experience /
background is required.
Must be willing to work flexible schedule to support business needs.
Direct Reports No
Travel Required 0-10%
State or Province