Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Manufacturing Engineer, Sr. Spec.
Job Summary: Coordinates and leads activities concerned with the machining and assembly processes as it relates to Triumph Actuation Systemsí products.
1. Proficient in the use of software related to the machining and assembly of precision components and complex units such as Microsoft, Pro-E, AutoCad, MasterCam, Part Maker and CadKey. Ability to utilize computer to develop part geometry CNC programs utilized during product build.
2. Ability to evaluate and methodize products assuring maximized efficiency in assembly machining environments. Demonstrate the ability to provide technical leadership throughout the entire product build including machining, assembly and test while maintaining design intent and customer requirements along with meeting product cost.
3. Defines fixtures and special tooling required to support machining and assembly requirements including holding nests and fixtures, assembly holding devices and test rigs needed to perform in process and final testing of assembled units. .
4. Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the fabrication / assembly environment. Understands dimensional tolerancing the ability to assess product drawings for manufacturability throughout the entire product build.
5. Understands and applies techniques such as SPC, 5S, Demand-Pull, PFEMA, KAN-BAN, Gage R&R, Risk Tools, Six Sigma, GD&T and Lean concepts.
6. Responds promptly to process improvements by utilizing troubleshooting and problem solving techniques along with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
7. Supports requirements among all manufacturing disciplines; Engineering, Production, Assembly, Shop Floor and Quality to meet customer production schedules.
8. Willing to attend technological seminars to ensure that Triumph Actuation Systems remains competitive while maintaining strong verbal and communication skills.
Job Requirements :
Physical Limitations: Work may require sitting up to eight (8) hours per day, standing up to eight (8) hours per day, writing, extended work hours as needed and some travel.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
Minimum Years of Experience Required: Five (5) years as a manufacturing engineer with a strong technical background in CNC machining of various metals, within a short run environment. Proficient with the use of geometric dimensioning, tolerancing principles and various type of machine programming software.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. CNC programming 8. Surface treatments
2. Capital Expenditures and Justifications 9. Military Specifications
3. Assembly processes and procedures 10. SPC, JIT, 5S and Lean manufacturing
4. Print reading/interpretation 11. Team-oriented
5. Fixtures and tooling 12 Problem solving
6. Methodizing/Process Improvements 13. Creativity
7. Utilization of design software as provided 14 Multi-tasking
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/D/V
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the ""Submit Your Resume"" button below.
Triumph Actuation Systems
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2020 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©1994-2020 Brolin Corporation