As a Manufacturing Engineer within the Inventory Management team at Micron Technology, Inc. in Manassas, VA, you will be part of a team responsible for analyzing and optimizing the performance of the facilities production operations. The Inventory team is responsible for new part manufacturing integration, ramp planning and facility optimization.
You will apply industrial engineering concepts to;
· Line management
· Capacity analysis
· Scheduling and production planning
· Use statistical analysis to maintain and audit manufacturing capacity information
· Design and coordinate capacity improvement projects with several different departments
· Work with management to develop applications to continuously improve production metrics
· Interface with Micron's other production Fabs throughout the world to plan for future product introductions and optimize current production capabilities.
Qualified candidates will have;
· Knowledge gained though academic course work or experience in Lean Manufacturing concepts
· Knowledge gained though academic course work or experience in managing process cycle times
· Knowledge gained though academic course work or experience in work scheduling methodology
· Knowledge gained though academic course work or experience in capacity planning
· Knowledge gained though academic course work or experience in inventory management
· Strong understanding of statistics applied to data analysis
· Knowledge of Microsoft DBMS
· Ability to write Scripts in Windows Environment
· Good analytic and problem solving skills
· Excellent multi-tasking skills
· Strong written and verbal communications.
· Previous experience in a semiconductor environment is preferred.
BS in Industrial Engineering, Production Operations Management (POM) degree, equivalent degree. 1 - 2 years of Industrial Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Job : Engineering
Primary Location : North America-US-Virginia-Manassas
Job Posting : Jan 6, 2012
Unposting Date : Mar 6, 2012
Relocation Provided : No
State or Province