Manufacturing Process Engineer
The Hyperthermís Manual Systems Team is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer. In this key role, you will be responsible for transitioning new products from design engineering to the operations team for assembly and test in the Manual Teamís Lean/JIT work cells. You will partner with the Design Engineering Team during the product development to insure that the design is optimized for manufacture. Additional responsibilities include investigating new manufacturing technologies, preparing the capital justification, and integrating the technology into the operation group. You will also use your expertise in Lean/Six Sigma and work closely with our skilled technicians and assemblers to provide project leadership and support to implement the continuous improvement roadmap for the Manual Teamís Operations Group.
Hyperthermís Manual Systems Team is the world leader in portable, handheld plasma systems and torches. These complex, highly regulated, elecromechanical devices are designed and assembled in our Hanover, NH facility. To meet the growing, global demand of our products, Hypertherm is building a new, 160,000 square foot facility for both manufacturing and product development, which we anticipate completing in the 4th quarter of 2012.
The Primary Accountabilities of a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer are:
1. Design tooling, fixtures and workstations essential for new product introduction to the production cells. Provide Design For Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) feedback to design engineers during prototyping. Conduct/ Participate in cross-team Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) to proactively mitigate failure modes in both process and design.
2. Manage the investigation, capital justification and purchase of new equipment and tooling. Define the equipment/process technology roadmap for the annual operating plan. Develop maintenance schedules for all equipment within assigned work cells.
3. Utilize lean six sigma practices to define the work method for a specific production area consisting of several work cells. Lead cross functional teams to identify, prioritize and execute projects to enhance the product flow through work cells.
4. Ensure safety procedures (lockout, job safety analysis, personal protective equipment, machine guarding, and ergonomics) are developed and integrated into production processes.
5. Ensure production area processes operate within quality metric targets. Identify trends in quality performance and execute root cause analysis and corrective action plans. Answer customer corrective action requests for field product quality issues.
6. Lead and/or mentor a technical staff to provide daily support to production teams for technical issues that arise. Set standards for, train others and execute programming, operation and maintenance support for all equipment in the work area.
7. Complete all Engineering Change Orders (ECO) that affect the manufacturing process. Maintain routings for all products. Document standard work for all products in the work cell. Develop and maintain process and product verification sheets. Coach and mentor others to manage ECOs, routings, standard work and process verification.
? Bachelorís Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or similar field
? Five+ years related experience
? Experience with MS Office or Similar
? Project Management experience
? Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
? Experience Facilitating Kaizen Events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
?Experience using Tools: 5 Tools Required; (7 Tools Preferred)
? Lean Manufacturing
? Statistical Analysis Software
? Structured Problem Solving
Preferred Experience/ KSAs:
? Project Management Certification
? Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
? Masterís Degree in related field
? Seven+ years related experience
Nearest Major Market: Hanover
Job Segments: Data, Design Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Facilities, Industrial, Lean Six Sigma, Machinist, Management, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Operations, Plasma, Process Engineer, Product Development, Project Manager, Research, Science, Six Sigma, Six Sigma Black Belt, Statistics, Technology, Testing
State or Province