|About the Job
Plascore is a leading manufacturer of honeycomb core. Ours is a dynamic work environment where you can capture every bit of potential and possibility out of your career. We are known by our customers for exceptional quality, innovation and responsiveness. If you enjoy working in a fast-moving environment that values customer interface at all levels and focuses on developing innovative solutions to customers' design needs, come join our company.
We are seeking an engineer who can develop, implement and drive manufacturing standards, understands all disciplines within a business unit (scheduling, purchasing, quality and production) and has a passion for cost reductions through process and product improvements.
· Develops, tests, implements and documents a variety of moderately complex to complex operational sequences and processes in the manufacture of new and existing parts and/or products.
· Estimates manufacturing costs, process time and manpower requirements.
· Troubleshoots a variety of moderately complex to complex production problems involving manufacturing processes. Investigates and determines the root causes of failures and problems. Recommends countermeasures or changes in processing methods.
· Conducts moderately complex to complex engineering trials and production process evaluations for manufacturing operations. Analyzes production data, identifies trends, problems, and opportunities for improvement. Recommends process adjustments to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency and reduce material and manpower costs.
· Creates, writes, and modifies work process procedures.
· Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials and products.
Qualified candidates must have:
· Bachelor's degree in engineering with 5-7 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering.
· Thorough knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to the production of various products.
· Thorough knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with project coordination and dealing with various departments, such as production, procurement, production control, and vendors
615 N. Fairview St.
Zeeland, MI 49464
State or Province