American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. is seeking a Metallurgist/Materials Scientist at its facility located in Three Rivers, Michigan. Duties include the following:
1. Evaluating production process results to ensure quality and conformance of axle and driveshaft components with AAM and customer specifications including commercial
2. Leading and supporting supplier development and problem resolution efforts;
3. Analyzing and resolving metallurgical quality issues using statistical methods such as SPC, DOE and Six Sigma to analyze and resolve metallurgical qualify issues;
4. Submitting proposals for developing cost savings, rework procedures and recipes in heat treat;
5. Managing projects involving the purchase and installation of new heat treating equipment and enhancements to existing equipment, including troubleshooting and preventive maintenance; and
6. Working different shifts and weekends, as needed, and traveling internationally.
Position requires Bachelors Degree in Metallurgical Engineering or foreign equivalent and 7 years of post baccalaureate progressive experience in metallurgical lab and heat treating.
Experience in the following also required:
1. Micro structural analysis of ferrous and non ferrous materials with emphasis on heat treat;
2. Working with carburizing atmospheres (endothermic and nitrogen/Methanol) as well as all aspects of the induction heat treat process;
3. Monitoring nitrogen/methanol and endothermic systems with Leco CS-300 to maintain the production quality of automotive components; and
4. Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma projects to increase production capacity and improve quality.
|American Axle & Manufacturing|
State or Province