· Plans and directs the manufacturing activities. Works closely with Manager, Operations and Plant Manager in order to promote a safe working environment, establish standards of performance, progress measurement, and interdepartment flow. Analyzes delays or serious problems and develops course of action. Determines staffing levels, shift requirements, operating schedules, and makes recommendations regarding machinery.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create an accident free culture by implementing, supporting and training as required to comply with all facets of Metaldyne’s EHS systems.
· Develops and oversees established methods regarding plant personnel and capital resources in order to determine most efficient production processes.
· Analyzes production capacity and workload in order to determine machine usage and establish required labor hours.
· Plans the production process and monitors adherence to requirements and/or production deadlines.
· Directly oversees the day-to-day aspect of all production departments.
Manages production supervisor with overall responsibility for production employees in production/assembly areas. Analyzes training
· and development needs of production employees.
· Provides technical leadership for new product/process development including machine retool activites and prototype manufacturing.
· Analyzes and participates in solving complex problems involving manufacturing process.
· Coordinates and performs maintenance activities on manufacturing equipment.
· Participates in design review process in order to ensure manufacturability was considered in design and product specifications are clear. Participates in process reviews to ensure that best manufacturing methods are utilized throughout the plant.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
· Fifteen years manufacturing / machining , metal industry, metal forming experience.
· Prior management / supervisory experience.
· Prior lean kaizen manufacturing experience.
· Must have solid experience and extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes.
· Ability to provide guidance, leadership, and training to employees and team members.
· Good verbal and communication skills.
· Strong program management skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills.
· Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
State or Province