|Nifco American Corp is a plastic injection molding company that is currently seeking a Pass-through Quality Engineer for our Canal Winchester, OH Location.
Nifco produces more than 10,000 different types of fasteners. Our products are used extensively in automobiles, not only in visible locations in vehicle interiors and exteriors, but also in engine compartments, trunk, and numerous other concealed locations. Some common parts that Nifco designs are: Cup Holders, Center Consoles, Fuel Cut-Off Valves, Fuel Chambers, Glove Boxes, Wire Harness Clips, Grab Handle Bars and Dampers.
1. Serve as main liaison between NAM Quality and the Quality departments at other global Nifco locations (Japan, Korea, etc.)
2. Interface with Customer Quality group for Quality and Logistics related concerns with Passthrough parts.
3. Coordinate containment activities at Nifco for Passthrough parts.
4. Support customer requests such as quality complaints, data requests, etc.
5. Complete appropriate documentation as required.
6. Translate documents between Japanese and English, as required.
7. Assure compliance to customer requirements.
8. May be required to work late or early hours in order to communicate with Japan.
9. May be required to travel offsite.
10. Maintain a positive influence by behaving in a manner that enhances the success of the department and company.
11. Other duties as specified by Management.
Four year technical degree or equivalent related experience.
2-5 years previous experience.
Previous quality/production experience.
Self motivated, strong sense of urgency.
Strong project management and organization skills.
Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and in written form.
Fluent in Japanese and English.
Must be very analytical and able to interpret blue prints, reports, and data.
Problem-solving and decision-making ability to determine root cause and corrective action plans (8D/5P and 5 Why Analysis).
Familiar with APQP concepts and documentation.
Must cooperate effectively externally and internally to fulfill essential functions.
Must be a licensed driver with a safe driving record.
State or Province